Jeff and I are in Minot again, staying
at a hotel for the night and we will probably stay with friends tomorrow. Jeff checked on the road conditions after receiving a message from his parents that things were getting messy outside with all the blowing and drifting snow. He came back home and said "We better get to Minot". So we packed things up and headed out a little after 10PM and arrived in Minot just before midnight. The gravel roads were absolutely awful, the wind was blowing so hard that it had drifted in everything the plow had managed to open today, so our road was open for a few hours this week! LOL (just kidding about the LOL...it's not funny anymore) The blowing snow and drifted snow flying up at the windshield as we drove certainly didn't help us see the road, it was absolute craziness and since Jeff was driving, my job was to panic I guess...I think I've left more imprints in the handles of the truck! I took some pictures this morning at our house of the snow before Jeff snowblowed the yard. I'll have to see if I can get them online soon. I'm just thinking now...8 more days, maybe our baby wants to come just a little early while we are here in town? Please. :)
I thought I should post a picture of
Uncle Missy since we feel bad that we've had to leave her at home alone so much lately. Poor kitty.






7 comments:
LOL.........Uncle Missy huh.
Summer
UNCLE Missy??
Glad you guys made it OK, and tell that baby Grandma wants to hold _____ !! (fill in the blank)
I'm so glad you guys are staying close to the hospital. Jeff had a 3rd cousin that was delivered in an ambulance somewhere in a snowstorm in eastern ND. Don't remember the particulars but even an ambulance is better than Jeff delivering your baby beside the road somewhere between home and Minot.
Esther
Mom Ide thinks that that little one just wants to have you make one more trip home and then back to Minot. Stay safe you two with all the trips back and fourth to Minot and home. I love all three of you.
Well at least (s)he'll have a long and interesting birth story!! The first blizzard we had was Wyatt's due date! So we were lucky in that sense and it we had our first snow of the season on his b-day at least significant snow anyway!
Uncle Missy? Can we talk about this?
Aunt Missy
I'm not sure what you want to talk about?! That's her name...Uncle Missy. :)
Post a Comment