*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

We Have a Roller!

Just thought I should post this online before it was really late! Danica rolled over from her back to her tummy for the first time this past Monday (6/15) at Grandma and Grandpa Myers' house. I happened to have my camera in the room at the time and all of a sudden, she did it! Grandma Myers was there and got to see the first roll as well. She's done the ones from her belly to her back, but not the other way around...until now. Here's the pics...Go Dani! :)





Yesterday she had her first taste of "real food". I tried a few times giving her rice cereal, but that didn't interest her much and the face she made...! So yesterday I gave her some squash and she seemed a little unsure at first, but by the end she was finding it pretty tasty and ate about half the jar (a little over 1oz). Here's some pics of the event. As you can see she even wipes her own mouth with the bib, so I couldn't even get any pics of her when she was really messy. She's so polite!

The only other news for right now is that Jeff shot a raccoon in our yard at 3AM this morning, so I woke up to some gunfire. Hint: A warning would've been nice dear. Now he is out spraying for weeds in the fields. Gene & Eva are leaving for an extended vacation today. They'll be on an Alaskan cruise with Eva's side of the family. Jeff and I are trying to see if we can make it to MN for a quick visit before our resort vacation. I'm currently at home with Dani doing laundry. I would've liked to catch more z's this AM after the whole raccoon incident ( I couldn't fall back asleep for 2 hours), but she kept waking up in her crib and needed her plug, leg removed from between the bars of the crib, etc. So I just decided to get up. Now she's slept for at least another hour straight through. Oh well. Better luck tonight!

3 comments:

Sara-Nicole said...

Yeah but you'd been just as mad because he woke you up at 3 in the morning to tell you he was going to shoot the racoon and then the racoon runs off before he gets it shot! By the way what was Jeff doing up at 3 in the morning for anyway?? That's a little early to go spraying isn't it??? Or with the new technology auto steer they can spray in the dark??

Opie11 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Opie11 said...

I was afraid that it would make it too hard to get the raccoon if I warned it. They're much easier to hit if they are unaware that I'm trying to! I'll have to consider it next time though. It's good to keep the Mrs. happy! Apparently she thought I had some sort of unfair advantage. In my opinion, the fact that I didn't even have my glasses on should have evened the odds with the unwarned raccoon!