Danica really enjoyed her 1st Thanksgiving at Gma and Gpa Myers' house. There were lots of people there...Gma, Gpa, Jon, Sara, Wyatt, Joel, Heather, Heather's parents, Jeff, Danica and I. The only picture I took the whole day was of Wyatt and Danica in their highchairs. Since Wyatt is a bit of a "highchair hog" we brought ours from home. LOL! Notice how Wyatt smiles for the picture and Dani won't stop eating her potatoes. She had potatoes, squash, bread, cookie salad, stuffing, turkey, pie and even tried cranberries.
The next day (27th) was Dani's 10 month "birthday" and Gpa Myers' birthday and we all went to the Dickens Festival in Garrison. We saw Milo (the Silo) Hautzenbuhler at the 2pm show, then walked around and did some shopping. Danny scored a custard cone, Tupperware Shape-O keychain toy, fleece blanket and a new hat! Yes, a NEW HAT. I know I have a problem with buying her hats, but they are just so darn cute! Here is a picture of Dani on her "birthday", pics of her new hat are further down.
I just thought this one was funny...!
Danica went home with Gma and Gpa while Jeff and I stayed at the festival. We ate some food from the vendors on the street...knoephla soup and sausage on a stick. We watched the light parade and hung out with some friends while waiting for the play to start. We watched A Christmas Carol and it was very good. Every year one of the cast members directs the play in their own way. It was a good one this year. I would definately recommend it!
On the 28th, we drove to Bismarck for Joel & Heather's wedding reception. It was a good time and nice to see family and friends again that we don't get to see all that often. Once again, Danica went home with Gma and Gpa and Jeff and I went out to eat at the Olive Garden (my favorite) for an early birthday dinner. There isn't one in Minot, so Jeff thought it would be a good idea to go that night. It was yummy!
Yesterday we just hung out at home. Today I awoke to Dani delivering an envelope to me in bed. It said "Mommy" on the front and inside was a gift certificate to a day spa. So, I have an appointment there this afternoon and Gma Myers is coming over to babysit so that Jeff and I can go to Minot. I'm really looking forward to it! So far 30 is great! :D












2 comments:
Dani,
Grammi loves all your cute hats. 10 months old, such a big girl you are getting to be. You really surprised Mommy this morning for her 30th birthday with a spa day. Make sure you give Grandma and Grandpa Myers extra hugs for being such good sitters for you. Love you much baby girl, Grammi
Hats off to Dani! You've been having way too much fun lately! You are one lucky little girl. Only ten months old and you've traveled and experienced more than some kids ever will. I'm glad your being "culturized" at such a young age. Some day you'll have to read a Dickens book.
Love, Great Auntie Phyllis
Post a Comment