Danica has been busy, busy, busy! We joined in on the New Year's celebration at Steve and Anita's place, there were lots of people there and Danica had a really good time. We ended up leaving at around 11:30PM, because Dani needed to go to sleep so badly and there was just no way she could there with all the excitement. They have a whole room devoted to toys in kind of a breezeway area between the kitchen and garage. Anyways, there is a landing and a few steps down to the toy room floor and Dani had no problems mastering the stairs up and down. The only other time she's ever had experience with stairs was at Joel and Heathers place when we stayed there for a night not long ago and she didn't even practice too much there. Funny how they learn stuff you never taught them b/c I didn't teach her how to do stairs, but she took to it just like a fish to water! LOL
Here's just some random pictures I took of her on January 8th because I thought she was especially cute. :)
She went for her very first sled ride on January 10th and I think she had a pretty good time. I would say we were probably out there with her for about 15 minutes or so. She's wearing her little pink snowsuit from Great Aunt Judy and Great Uncle Larry Myers. Fits her perfect and should have enough room to fit her to the end of the season.
This is picture of Daddy and Dani was taken just before she took off for the first time.
Picture with Mommy taken after her sled ride.
Danica's new friend Kinley came over one afternoon with her mommy and spent a few hours here. Dani was very curious about her new friend who is a little over 5 months old. I had to watch closely though because it looked like she was going to tackle her sometimes...poor Kinley! :) They don't live too far away, so we are going to try to make sure to spend some time together every so often. When I say "not too far away", that's about 16 miles. Anyways, it was a fun afternoon, but I forgot to take pictures. Can you believe it? I...me...forgot to take pictures?!!!!! I know it's hard to believe.
Other big news is that Danica started walking this month! She's already cruising everywhere. I think she went straight from walking to running?! She seems very pleased with herself though that she is walking just like Mommy and Daddy and MAN CAN SHE GO FAST! :)
Gma and Gpa Myers FINALLY came home after being gone for 3 weeks and Danica was very excited to see them. :) She been showing off all her new tricks for them already. So, I know that Grami and Papa Ide will be just as excited to see what she's learned.
I can't believe she's going to be one already. This year has gone by so fast! Her birthday is on a weekday, so we've scheduled her party for the following weekend. Hopefully the weather holds out. This weekends predictions say to expect anywhere from 10-20 inches...YIKES! Hopefully that is just Mother Nature's way of getting it out of her system so that travel is possible for Dani's party guests! :)
We will be cheering on the Vikes again this weekend, very exciting! Here is a pic of Danica from last weekend with the "Viking Horn" she woke up with that day. Too funny, she likes to be prepared I guess.
HOARFROST? I took these pictures a couple days ago...














3 comments:
Aww I recognize the little jogger suit! Brings back so many good memories for me. She looks adorable in it!
Lana,
I really really like that suit. So glad my mom picked it up at your sale! :)
Happy First Birthday, Danica Jean!
Sure hope you're having a memorable day. Rip those presents open. Keep scootin' around inside and out.
Great Auntie Phyllis
Post a Comment